Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quiet Times and Louder Moments

Recently I have been neglecting my growing magazine pile. So now it is the turn of the knitting to take a back seat and to catch up with my ever growing pile of Primas, Good Homes and Look magazines.

But still I'm missing that to sit here and strike a few keys. In the last few weeks I have become what can only be described as the queen of procrastination. Right now that means drinking coffee, eating blueberries and watching Glee. What I can I say I'm not only procrastinating but also multi-tasking!



On the darker side my roof still leaks and no sign of the man due to fix it!

I started running outside again last weekend, which more or less set my lungs on fire! This weekend I'm going to do my 1st 10k with my friend's husband. It could be interesting... but at least he should push me to go a bit quicker and further (I have a horrid competitive streak that needs to be reeled in). So beware some random posts and pictures may occur soon. Especially as the days get longer. I can't wait.

On the garden front, not a lot has happened as again Mother Nature has seen fit to bless us with snow again! That and my littlest B decided that the best course of action was to uproot all of the crocuses thinking that they were onions! Bless but still grrr. I also attempted to make up the green house (but alas it wasn't to be as part of the casing snapped on construction! That'll be going back to the shop next time I'm in Selby.)

Now I'm going to buzz off to the kitchen and check on my 1st wholemeal loaf. Look at that I'm using my breadmaker for good and not for evil!

This weekend was a bit of a bake-a-thon, and thanks to my step-mother J I made a corned beef and potato pie. I had the inlaws over for a visit and it was a roaring success so I thought I'd share a picture of it for you to see! I also made a sausage plait (with my own sausage meat!) and a pineapple upside down sponge with coconut and jungle juice to serve mmmm. Couldn't move afterwards, so what did I do? Went for a drizzly 2 mile run!

No comments:

Post a Comment